Dr. Thomas Andrew
Dr. Andrew is Board certified in Pediatrics, Anatomic Pathology and Forensic Pathology. Services offered include review of previously performed autopsies and/or medical records. Expert opinion may be provided as appropriate.
Dr. Andrew was formerly the Chief Medical Examiner for the State of New Hampshire. He is a graduate of the University of Dayton (1978) and the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine (1982). Dr. Andrew completed a residency in pediatrics at Cincinnati Children’s Medical Center in 1985 and served as co-chief resident of pediatrics in 1985‑1986.
He then joined a six-person private practice until 1991 when he returned to the University of Cincinnati for a residency in anatomic pathology. This was followed by a fellowship in forensic pathology with the Office of Chief Medical Examiner in New York City under the tutelage of Dr. Charles S. Hirsch.
While in New York, Dr. Andrew served in the boroughs of Manhattan and Brooklyn before being named Acting Deputy Chief Medical Examiner of Richmond County (Staten Island) where he served until September of 1997 when he was named New Hampshire’s Chief Medical Examiner.
He is board certified in pediatrics, anatomic pathology and forensic pathology, and has performed over 5,800 autopsies for purposes of investigating sudden, unexpected or violent death. He is a member of the National Association of Medical Examiners, the American Academy of Forensic Sciences, the American Academy of Pediatrics, the Association of SIDS and Infant Mortality Programs and the College of American Pathologists.
Download his CV here.
Kim Fallon has been certified by the American Board of Medicolegal Death Investigators since 2009. She has been a death investigator with the NH Office of Chief Medical Examiner since 1993 and the Chief Forensic Investigator for the office since 2005.
She has a Bachelor of Science Degree in Biology from Southern Connecticut State College.
After college, Kim trained as a paramedic in New York City and worked there for over 6 years. She also worked as an Advance Cardiac Life Support Instructor.
After moving to New Hampshire in 1986, she was a paramedic in a rural emergency department and responded to 911 calls with the local fire department when a paramedic was needed.
In 1991, she was trained as an eye procurement technician by the New England Eye Bank and recovered corneas and whole eyes from donors throughout New Hampshire for several years.
She was the Bioterrorism Surveillance Coordinator at the NH Department of Health and Human Services from 2001 until 2005.
Download her CV here.
- Office of National Drug Control Policy, Emerging Threats Committee
- National Institute of Justice, Death Investigation Guide Working Group
- Affiliate Member of National Association of Medical Examiners
- American Academy of Forensic Sciences
- NH Opioid Overdose Fatality Review Committee
- NH Sudden Unexpected Infant Death Review Committee
- NH Sudden Death in Youth Review Committee
- NH Maternal Mortality Review Committee
Dr. Andrew's Certifications & Organizations
- Forensic Pathology – 1992 (SQ-92-042)
- Anatomic Pathology – 1991 (#91-145)
- Pediatrics – 1985 (#34738)
National Association of Medical Examiners
- Sub-committee on Education
- Board of Directors 9/03-06
- Executive Committee 9/07-08
- Ad hoc Committee of State Medical examiner Liaisons American Academy of Forensic Sciences
American Academy of Pediatrics
- Subsection on Child Abuse and Neglect
- Association of SIDS and Infant Mortality Programs
- Board of Directors 2008-present
College of American Pathologists
- Ad Hoc Committee on Tissue and Organ Procurement (12/2000-08/2003)
New Hampshire Medical Society
New Hampshire Public Health Association (Ex officio member)
Local, State and National Committee Appointments
- New Hampshire Child Fatality Review Committee
- New Hampshire Domestic Violence Fatality Review Committee
- Teen Motor Vehicle Legislation Task Force
- New Hampshire Coalition to Prevent Shaken Baby Syndrome
- Vital Records Improvement Committee
- Attorney General’s Task Force on Child Abuse and Neglect
- New Hampshire Pediatric Society Child Abuse and Neglect Committee
- Board of Directors (ex officio) New Hampshire Public Health Association
- New Hampshire Injury Prevention Advisory Council
- New Hampshire Youth Suicide Prevention Advisory Assembly
- National Domestic Violence Fatality Review Advisory Board
- State of NH Suicide Prevention Council
- American Board of Pathology Forensic Pathology Test Development and Advisory Committee 11/08-present
- SUDC Advisory Council
Dr. Andrew’s Media Appearances
- 20//20 (ABC)
- Good Morning America (ABC)
- Today (NBC)
- The Fifth Estate (Canadian Public Broadcasting)
- A State of Addiction: The War on Heroin (WMUR)
- The Frank Pastore Show (KKLA 99.5 FM, Los Angeles)
- The Exchange with Laura Knoy, New Hampshire Public Radio
- The Arne Arneson Show, WNTK 99.7 FM, New London, NH
- Coffee Chat with Doris Ballard, WKXL 1450 AM, Concord, NH
- The New York Times
- Associated Press
- Reader’s Digest
- Many forensic articles and papers, see Publications